Sunday, March 13, 2011

Music I love

I started to realize my real musical preference around the age of 14, when I first listened to Bob Marley. I was so fascinated and intrigued by the passion, the honesty and the talent that goes with reggae. I soon discovered reggaeton and dancehall, and fell in love with this music.

Now, my musical taste goes more to the dancehall side, which is still a genre of reggae, but more upbeat. The lyrics can be about politics, x-rated content, homophobia, or any current events. The lyrics usually don't move me too much, but the beat and the passion you hear with this music is the most important to me.

I am very critical and rather narrow minded when it comes to music. I judge fast, and I am not very experimental when it comes to trying out new music genres. I usually go on www.22tracks.com to get the latest music . 22 tracks offers many different music genres, so if you are not in tune with my musical preference, I am sure there is something for you out there ;)


1 comment: