Tuesday, March 29, 2011

" Come quickly, I am tasting the stars!"


A beautiful carousel ride, Dom Pérignon vintage champagne or a golden throne on your head. They all have royal attributes, and can make one feel on top of the world. What is it with people wanting to feel like royalty? Do we have a wrong image of what the good life is supposed to look like nowadays?

When I was little, I always wanted to dress up as a (Disney) princess and have loads of bling jewelery, wear fluffy high heels and have a long dress. Now being an adult, little has changed. I still want jewelery, I still want high heels and I still want beautiful garments. The only thing that has now changed, and this is for most grown-up princesses between us, is that we now want the fantasy to become true, and have the real deal, no plastic accessories and kitschy pink dresses.

For now, as a student, to get the royal feeling, I will settle for a cute headband, cheap wine and a bike ride... Oh well. Dreaming big is the key.


No comments:

Post a Comment