Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter in Belgium





Helloooo,

I got back yesterday from a weekend in Belgium. I took a train on Saturday and arrived in the beautiful city of Antwerp, with the sun shining and my Godfather waiting at the train station, ready to pick me up and drive me to their house.

My cousin got married in October, and has been in the process of building their new house for a while now, and it is almost done. I decided it would be great to spend a night at theirs to see what's it like. My cousins husband is an architect, so everything is very design oriented, minimalistic and modern, with a touch of coziness by the use of color and some decorations. Now that I study fashion, those kind of things became that much more interesting to me, as it is a form of fashion as well. They made sure that the guest room was done before I got there so I had a nice place to sleep.
The memories I have with my cousin, Annelies, is mostly childhood memories of us playing with dolls and putting on make-up. So, to see her married, in a new house, and completely independent is such a big difference from what I used to know her by when she was a young teen. Lovely!


We had an Easter party at my grandfathers' house the day after. We drove down there, and found a cozy parasol, a big table to lunch on, and great company waiting for us in the backyard. Soon enough everybody arrived and the party got started. The little children were playing board games, the young adults were playing drinking games. And the adults were telling the young adults to stop drinking that much. But soon enough things settled and we had jolly conversations about nothing and everything.
We had a filthy amount of food waiting for us, champagne glasses filled up to the top and heavenly dessert waiting for the brave one's, who could still find a little hole to fill up.

Everybody was of course curious on how Amsterdam is treating me, and I of course told them that I love my studies and the city and the people and everything! So they were happy to hear all was good. Before I knew it the day was over again, and the next day I was on the train back to Amsterdam already. Why do all good things come to an end...

No comments:

Post a Comment