Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sun is shining...

The weather has been beyond amazing these past days in Amsterdam! Today it was 27 degrees. The skirts and dresses are out, and the stockings are sleeping in. Shades go on, not just to hide our faces anymore (thank God!).

Today I went to Christin's place for a rooftop BBQ. The view on top of her roof is so great, feels like you are on top of the world and the city is in your hands. The sun shining on our faces creates happiness all around us and makes me feel like I am on summer vacation already! We have about 7 weeks of school left, so we are not that far away anymore.

Even though us girls were clueless on how to start up a BBQ, we found a real man that could help us out and allow us to put that meat on fire! An overdose of food is an understatement- My stomach actually hurt from eating this much. Shame pon me.

Easter is right around the corner, and in my family it is a tradition to celebrate it together. This is my first year in The Netherlands, and before that I used to live in Poland so we would skip the Easter celebration because of the traveling distance. Yet, now that I live so close to Belgium I will take a train and enjoy a weekend in Belgium :) I haven't been there in several months now (last time I went to visit my aunt at the beach) so I'm curious and exited to see everyone again. It's been far too long! Not to even mention the delicious Belgian chocolate eggs that are waiting for me...

I'm not sure if I consider Belgium my home since I only have childhood memories from there. I adapt to new places quiet easily, even a hotel room is my home after a few days. Nevertheless, Belgium is a place, and will always be a place that means something special to me. So going back to my home country is great. I haven't seen some of my family members for too long, so it will be great to reunite and catch up. Especially now that I live on my own, it will be interesting to share stories amongst each other.

Recently my parents decided to move back to Belgium and leave Poland behind forever. It's a pity on one side because my family has always loved living in Poland... But on the other side, good things must come to an end too, but this will mean that I will live closer to my family now. Poland was such a good schooling for all of us, and my family really did adapt well in the Polish life style and enjoyed living there to the fullest. But I am a 100 % sure none of us will miss the -32 degrees cold winters and snow up to your knees! My parents already found a house, and are moving in this summer! I am already planning on a great house warming party ;)

For now, I need to get some (beauty)rest. It's been an active, long day and my eyes want to sache away. Tomorrow will be great weather again, so I will keep the sunshine smile on my face by starting off the day by biking to school with the fresh air and the morning sun- How lovely! :D

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment