Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Take a break, for Christ's sake


I just had a week off from school and totally relaxed! I went to Belgium, to see my family and go to the beach. The whole atmosphere is amazing when you go back, and everyone is so happy to see your face again. It was short, but sweet.

Some things I miss being gone:

- 2 person bed
- Going to a restaurant without taking pizza margarita because it's the cheapest
- Saying good morning to your own family first thing in the morning
- Driving a car

Yet, being back in Amsterdam felt like coming back home :)
Now, I have about 6 weeks left of school. My first year as a fashion student is almost over! Although, those 6 weeks will pull out every bit of energy and patience that I could have, out of me. Every moment you sit still, you feel guilty, because you know you could and should be working for school. Even simple things such as cooking a meal, or walking to the store instead of biking will be canceled out from my life. But really, I can't complain- I'm studying something I absolutely love and am really interested in.

This summer my plan is to stay in Holland. I need to find a job and make some of my own money. I love living on my own so far, but I'm still very much dependent on my parents. I am turning 20 in September, so I am no longer a teenager... Which for me means that I need to be more independent and have a job and money of my own. I would love to have a job that's fashion related, so I can build up skill, experience and a CV. Any fun suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment