Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Safe tonight

Today I went to the Anna Frank house with Jake. It was impressive, but I didn't get to enjoy it that much, because there is so much on my mind...

The day after tomorrow I am leaving back to Belgium... For good. I had the idea of changing courses already for a while, because I didn't feel like this was exactly how I imagined it. I loved the fashion part, but not the management part. The only thing that really exited me were the fashion lectures we got, which was really only about 10 % of what we did in school. The school told me in my final assessment that they don't see me as a fashion manager, and this was the breaking point.

I am sad and upset that I have to leave Amsterdam all of the sudden. I still have so much to discover and do in Amsterdam, I don't want to leave yet. But at the same time, I have so much to take care of; find a new school, a new place to live and a job. I can't believe I have to say goodbye to such an amazing city, with such amazing people in it. My parents want me to move back as soon as possible because there is so much to do, and I have to get used to living in a country that I am totally not used to. My parents are rushing everything for me, telling me what to do, not realizing that I'm leaving a place that's really dear to me.

I have learnt so much this year, and can't grasp the idea of leaving Amsterdam... on Thursday. To be honest, I always looked down a bit on people who stay in their home country to study. It just seems so easy and un-adventurous, and now I am going to be one of them. I hope that Antwerp will treat me nice after all.

I now stand still on simple things like going to the Albert Heijn store to get my groceries, or a bike ride in town, just because I know I won't do it again, or if I do it again, it won't ever be the same anymore.

I will miss the all-nighters with my dear Diemen crew, and the party crew that made the kitchen's in Diemen legendary. I will always cherish the moments that I had with my sweet Sugar Cube. I will miss the bike rides and the random pit stops on the way home that brought us our fair share of adventure. I will even miss my 12m ² room... and I want to say a big thank you to all the people that helped me get through this year :)

I will leave Amsterdam with a little broken heart, but sweet memories and friends forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment