Saturday, July 30, 2011

The perfect diner

Blogger unfortunately doesn't work so well in Belgium, so it's a bit harder to blog from here. I hope it will improve over time somehow... But I have missed blogging. When I don't blog for a while, I find it harder to find a topic to write about, since I'm out of my "zone". So, I Googled some blog post ideas today and came to the perfect topic- How does your perfect diner look like? With who are you? What are you eating? Describe the atmosphere.

I grew up in a family where eating together is a must. Hungover, not hungry, on a diet, or whatever other excuse you could make was invalid at my home. My mom has always been the cook at home, so homemade food is what I grew up with for 18 years. I wasn't always a fan of what my mom cooked (sorry mom), but definitely appreciate her effort to always take care of her family and stand behind the stove and oven, unconditionally.

In Amsterdam, I lived alone, but had all my dear friends live near me. We would often get together and cook. Either from a cooking book, left overs in the fridge, or whatever our home country's traditional food is. But the family feeling that this gave all of us, was unique and something that all made us feel at home being away from our families. I am definitely not so much in love with pasta anymore, I think any college student understands that...

My perfect diner would be with the perfect partner, your soul mate, your love of your life. I haven't found that person yet, so I'll just take an imaginary soul mate (no hate).
I prefer brunch over diner, since I am a person who likes sweet stuff, and this tends to be more appropriate for lunch/brunch. I'm imagining finding myself with my soul mate on a hill, facing a vineyard and a crystal clear sky, and sunshine in our eyes would be the only thing that's bothering us on our beautiful picnic.

Cut the crap... What's in the picnic basket? That's the question.





No comments:

Post a Comment