Saturday, July 23, 2011

Hey pretty baby with the high heels on


I just came back from my short trip to Amsterdam. I had to go back to take care of a few things (like paperwork), but I of course also wanted to visit my friends again.

Only a few of my friends were still in town, but we managed to meet up and still spend some quality time together. Yalda, Jake and I went to Bijenkorf (a shopping mall) and after some window shopping we decided to get a drink on the roof-top cafe. I was ordering my latte coffee (I only drink latte or cappuccino when it comes to coffee) and saw miniature champagne bottles standing behind the counter. I thought it was so adorable, I had to get this for my friends to celebrate my return to Amsterdam! So I decided to surprise my friends and let them sip some champagne ;) We loved feeling so glamorous for a little while...

Afterwards, we decided to go to Vapiano to eat some nice Italian food! Yummy. Vapiano never disappoints me- it's quick, cheap yet it's still cozy and delicious. It doesn't feel like a typical fast-food tent, which is a big plus! Vapiano is pretty present throughout Europe, so if there is one near, and you haven't tried it yet- try it!

Being back in Amsterdam, even if it's for only a few days, means you have to go out. So Jake and I put ourselves to it on a lonely Tuesday evening. We found an empty Amsterdam with only 2 parties on- the Winston, and club NL. We went to Winston first, but it was a live free-style. We wanted to dance, so we decided to roam around A'dam for a while and see what else is up. Before we knew it we were having happy hour beers in the gay district and laughing about the 2 guys next to us taking the flirting a bit too serious. We decided to explore further and check out club NL. We have never been there before, but we thought it was worth a shot. We see the club and park our bikes. I start to worry as I see pigeons peacefully sleeping on the bench right next to the club, but we enter anyways. We scan the room and find ourselves in the most awkward environment- it was me, Jake and the bartender. THAT'S IT. The disco balls on the ceiling were giving it their all, and the flashing lights couldn't even be saved by shooting stars. Poor club NL. We decided to get out of there as soon as possible and go back to the Winston to enjoy some live performances. All in all, we didn't dance the night away, but we definitely had some fun.

I also went to see Harry Potter in 3D with my friend, Isaaq. I have never been a Harry Potter fan, or ever will be, but this movie was good. It was a bit hard to tag along with the whole story, since I have never read any of the books or watched any of the movies. But, since it was 3D it came alive. In fact, it fascinated me! And we felt pretty cool with our 3D glasses on :D


Now, I am back in Antwerp and just came back from a ladies movie night. I went to my cousins' friend/coworkers' home. We found ourselves in an awesome 50s inspired interior! Marilyn Monroe covered the walls together with James Dean, the bubble lamps were on and the jazz music was filling up the room. Her man was out, so it was strictly ladies only. She made some great finger food, and a delicious crumble pie! We watched a funny movie, and drank a funny drink along with it.

Earlier today, I had to go to my test day, to work in a clothing store. I worked in the store from 1-5, and had to help the customers, organize the clothes, clean up here and there. It's nothing too challenging, but I am just glad I found myself a job! :)

Now, I am off to bed. I don't have exact plans for tomorrow yet, but I'll dream about it, and come up with something.


Picture by Yalda

No comments:

Post a Comment