Thursday, September 1, 2011

Lierke Plezierke

I have had a prolonged writers block. But finally I have I found myself a calm place to sit and blog.

I have recently moved into the new house of my parents in Belgium. Even though there is still a lot to do inside the house, the house is beautiful! The garden is rather big, and I have found several spots where it would be perfect to spend the day having a picnic, or reading a good book. My favorite spot found so far is by the weeping willow right next to the pond which has a little fountain in it. A weeping willow is my favorite tree, because it portrays so much peace and romance. In combination with the water, and if I am lucky, a little bit of blessed sunshine coming through the clouds, any day is perfect!

Yet, it is soon time to move again... Tuesday I am signing my new contract! I found a lovely student flat in Lier, the town I will study in from now on. I have been to Lier twice now, and have seen some beautiful Rococo and Gothic architecture, right outside my door. Seems like I am going to find plenty of inspiration! My student flat is right across my university. I literally have to cross the street, flaunt a few steps and I'm at school! I think I will be working the bed-head look more than usual... I will also be going to Antwerp once in a while for some classes, which excites me because Antwerp is a fashion capital, and it is my home after all. Having lived in Poland and The Netherlands, it is good to be back at your own home sweet home.

Even though Lier is small, I have found out that there are several internationally known clubs, and nice bars around- Sweeeet! I cannot wait to move, discover new things, and meet new people.

I start September 26th, so basically have another month of summer vacation. I just finished my summer job at a clothing store, which I really enjoyed. I loved being busy, helping people around, and learning more about the behind the scenes. But now I am back at home, and even though there is still loads to be done around the house, I just want to get out of the house and do something productive again- Soon enough I will be busy moving and making my student room look cozy, and maybe finding a little job again!

I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment